This resume is admittedly dated by a few years now:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering, Siena Heights University.
- Graduate Work towards M.S. in Computer Science, State University of New York.
- IBM Systems Research Institute (SRI), an IBM internal advanced degree curriculum in Computer Science, specialized in Systems Software.
- Completed over 300 hours of Quality Systems Training at IBM and ASQ.
- Completed over 1000 hours of systems, hardware, software, database and networking courses at IBM, SAS, Primavera, Highmark and Ernst & Young.
Professional Certifications and Membership
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) Software committee member, participating in authoring NQA-1 Standards for Software.
- American Society for Quality Control (ASQC) - Past Chairman and current Programs Chair of the ASQC Pittsburgh Section, Past Chair of the Human Development and Leadership Division. Vice-Chair of the Software Division and Vice-Chair and co-founder of the Information Integrity Interest Group. Have served on multiple committees and executive boards within the society, both nationally and locally. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Quality Auditor.
- Adjunct Professor at Duquesne University, Graduate School of Business and past University Pittsburgh Computer Learning Center, E-Commerce Faculty member
- Adjunct Professor at University of Pittsburgh, School Industrial Engineering.
- Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce Quest for Quality Network (QNET), served as Pittsburgh Total Quality Awards senior examiner 1993, 1997 and examiner 1994, 1995, and past Chair of QNET and the Greater Pittsburgh Total Quality Awards Program.
- Pennsylvania Quality Leadership foundation, served as Quality Leadership Awards examiner 1995 and senior lead examiner 1996.
- Board of Directors, Past Vice-President, and Secretary, Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board, a workforce development project of the City of Pittsburgh Mayor’s office and the Allegheny County Commissioners’ office. Chairman of the Performance Measurement Committee.
- International Society of Certified Electronics Engineering Technicians, member, certified Electronics Engineering Technician.
- ASME NQA-1 Lead Auditor Training, ISO 9000 / QS 9000 Lead Auditor training,
Westinghouse Electric Company – Pittsburgh PA
- Principal Engineer, Supplier Electrical, Electro-Mechanical - July 2011 - Present
- Quality Engineer for Electrical, I&C, and Software Products
- Quality Oversight of Nuclear Suppliers
- Participate in Supplier Audits
- Principal Engineer, Nuclear Power Plants Quality Assurance – June 2008 – July 2011
- Plan and track Project Budget and performance for AP1000 NPP Projects
- Witness and Hold Point (WHP) Process owner, developed web portal system for managing WHP related surveillances, and responsible for WHP Procedures. Project lead for development and rollout of the portal.
- Consortium QA Interface, responsible for Westinghouse-Shaw Consortium Project Interface Procedures. Responsible for management of Consortium Corrective Actions.
- Certified Internal Lead Auditor, have participated in and coordinated both internal and external audits.
- Provide training on selected topics for Westinghouse, such as Nuclear Quality Standards, Procedure Training, Web Portal Training.
Innovative System, Inc – Pittsburgh, PA.
- Director, Quality Assurance March 2001 – March 2008
- Direct Quality Assurance Operations and Technical Documentation for the development and support of Innovative Software Systems. Systems include Data Profiling, Data Quality, Matching and Linking and Advanced Relationship software.
- Responsible for all Process Performance and Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Conducted a Process Improvement Program across the company, resulting in several high value, high return projects implemented to improve communications, products and work processes. This included restructuring development and test approaches, implementing a Customer Focused Communication process and rebuilding our Intranet to allow more effective communications and tracking of processes across the organization.
- Organized and managed Technical Training programs focused on updating development and support staff skills, obtaining and managing federally funded, state grants for technology training. Provided training to enable Java based development of our products, Database Development and Programming, VBA and Web Based Technologies. Resulted in new development of a new class of products and services.
- Managed Process Engineering sessions across the company, to include the operations of all organizations. Focused on aligning processes, operations and resources with corporate goals and objectives. This resulted in identifying and resolving holes in our processes, and improving the product development and QA cycle times as well as the quality of our products.
- Developed and maintained a repository of test collateral, including data, automated test processes and a series of comparison and analysis tools and processes and Project Management Process Templates
Be Free, Inc. Pittsburgh, PA.
Project Manager May 2000 - March 2001
- Manage Operations projects for Be Free, reporting to VP of Operations. Responsible to successfully launch new systems initiatives, implement new Data Centers, track and report regularly to all levels in the company. Developed, documented and implemented Project Management Methodology for Be Free.
- As Project Manager, Implemented new Internet Data Centers in London, UK and Sterling, VA to supplement our existing Data Center in Jersey City, NJ. Included build-out, wiring, procuring and installing equipment, scheduling staff and resources, working to secure vendors participation on the project teams. Sterling VA’s implementation included the installation of EMC SYMMs, replication and synchronization of data between our NJ site and the VA site using CNT Channel Extenders and SRDF over IP (currently in progress).
- Work with Production, NCC and DB Teams to define and document operating procedures, escalation processes, vendor contact procedures, High Availability evaluations and system and software revision/change mgt. Processes.
Ernst & Young, LLP, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Senior Manager II, Technology and Services Dec. 1998 – May 2000
- Manage a team of Systems Analysts / Technicians responsible for Ernst & Young’s desktop hardware/software, and technology (voice, data and video) infrastructure of our Pittsburgh, PA, Buffalo, NY, Syracuse, NY and Charleston, WV offices.
- Responsible for the rollout, management and performance of major projects affecting technology and infrastructure for the users in our four facilities. Examples include upgrading all user systems, network and server upgrades, replacement of cabling and infrastructure equipment, office moves etc.
- Provided both on-site and off-site service and support to Ernst & Young personnel in support of day to day operations, special events and client engagements.
- As part of an area wide team, created and implemented standardized support processes and systems to improve operations and increase productivity.
- Fostered and maintained an environment of teamwork that changed our group from individually focused technicians/analysts to a team of interdependent, cooperative group focused on client service and satisfaction.
- Responsible for asset management, lease terminations/upgrades, software distribution and updates, assurance and QA of all software releases, all aspects of large scale project management and tracking, and managing client satisfaction. Software includes applications for Tax Accounting, Tax Consulting, Financial Auditing, Human Resource and Management Consulting.
Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Pittsburgh, PA
- QA Manager, Software Applications Development Aug. 1996 – Dec. 1998
- Manage a department of Software Development and Quality Assurance Analysts.
- Implemented project management and process improvement strategies and tracking systems for the development of Software Applications and Systems used within Highmark and within Highmark’s Customer base.
- Created and implemented first enterprise wide Quality Methodology for large scale software development projects and implementations. Methodology includes Project Management, Tracking System, Automated Software Testing procedures and tools to ensure project deadlines, process performance and quality improvement.
- Developed and implemented Quality Plans, Test Plans, Requirements Analysis and Tracing, Data Mapping, problem tracking and reporting, and metrics for enterprise IT organization.
- Implemented enterprise wide internal project tracking, time reporting/analysis and Project Management systems.
- Developed customer focus groups and organized / coordinated meetings between developers and users / customers focused on product and process improvement.
- Project Manager, Networking Systems Dec. 1995 – Aug. 1996
- Project manager for LAN and WAN network upgrade and technology change management. Responsibilities include planning, implementation and project scheduling.
- Project Manager responsible for IT technology infrastructure construction project to support 3000 users in the former Joseph Horne building. Responsible for infrastructure design, vendor coordination, project planning, performance management and reporting with a project budget of approximately $3 million dollars.
- Systems Operations Specialist, Pittsburgh PA January 1994, to December 1995
- Sold and delivered contract services, including IBM Software product installation and setup, usage assistance, problem management, systems and network consulting and training/education. Certified OS/2 Instructor with IBM Education. Certified IBM LAN Doctor
- Large Systems I/S Availability Specialist, Pittsburgh PA July 1992 - January 1994
- Responsible for developing customer systems availability and systems management practices. Developed and recommended software maintenance strategies, coordinated IBM services, performed end usage analysis, and developed operational strategies to meet customer business requirements. Responsible for delivery, installation and usage management of IBM Large Systems and Networking Systems software. Participated in planning and implementation of Disaster Recovery Processes, Help Desk and Network Control Center operations, Security Planning, etc. Acted as liaison with IBM development to assure that software and services met customer needs and expectations.
- Account Systems Engineer,
- U.S. Marketing, GM Automotive Branch, Detroit MI July 1987 - January 1992
- Project technical Lead Engineer and consultant on GM Dealer Diagnostic Systems (based on IBM systems). Efforts resulted in the successful rollout of GM Techline Systems, approximately $50 million worth of IBM hardware and software products and services business.
- Area Specialist for IBM Decisions Support System and Artificial Intelligence Software products. Responsible for providing technical marketing assistance, installation, setup and usage assistance as well as customer and account team training.
- Part of a Market Development technical staff responsible to introduce IBM customers at GM and EDS to IBM products and technologies before or at the beginning of their general availability. Worked with IBM Development teams and IBM Large System customers to help ensure that our products were meeting the features and functions required by our customers.
Large Systems Quality Engineer
IBM Data Systems Division, Poughkeepsie New York. 1981 – 1987
- Developed Functional Test procedures and processes for 303X and 3090 systems. Developed QA criteria for qualification of Final Systems Test process and for product certification. This included our hardware as well as software systems.
- Developed certification criteria for manufacturing technicians involved in manufacture and testing of systems. Trained and certified Quality Control technicians.
- Primary liaison with Product Engineering during the development of new products to assure manufacturability, adequate early manufacturing involvement and quality/usability of documentation and specifications.
- Primary liaison to IBM world-wide manufacturing operations for system test quality procedures, quality sampling strategies, project management, QC Technical Training, and technical quality issues.
Large Systems Customer Engineer, Detroit, MI. 1978 – 1981
- Responsible for service, preventative maintenance and engineering changes on systems and I/O attached to mainframes at the General Motors Technical Center.
- Hardware Account Manager for GM Research Data Center and GM Advanced Engineering